LEARN BY DOING.
Gain hands-on experience through activities promoting the interests of the local business community and social responsibility.
How Does the GYCC Benefit the Community?
- Members learn how businesses can impact communities through social responsibility efforts
- Youth become stronger leaders while learning and interacting with mentors
How Does the GYCC Impact Youth?
- Youth appreciate the value socially-driven entrepreneurship creates in their lives and in the community
- Youth learn how building positive relationships and networking helps them to succeed in life
- Youth learn and appreciate the linkages between community, education and enterprise
The GYCC Members are responsible for:
- Attending Monthly GYCC meeting and activities held from September to May
- Playing an active role in committees or special projects designed by the members
- Upholding the GYCC's mission
"Learn by doing. Theory is nice,
but nothing replaces actual experience."
- Tony Hsieh, Co-Founder, Zappos
SKILLS TO BE LEARNED
By the end of this experience, students will learn how to:
Work in teams and develop
Sell yourself and
what you do
September 2014 - May 2015
*Team meets at least one day (usually Saturdays) a month for workshops and activities with others as driven as you.
What comes with the application fee?
- Access to Youth Chamber of Commerce meetings for the year
- Interaction with mentors and follow-up
- Emerging young entrepreneurs in the making
- Your future friends
Why is this program relevant today?
It is very important to be able to learn about things, but there are things that cannot be taught in a classroom. Sometimes you have to go out and learn by experience. Learn by doing.
Who will I be sitting next to in this program?
- People as passionate as you about making things happen
- Driven young people